Support, Maintenance, and Service
Terms & Conditions
This SMS Support Agreement (SMS) is entered into by and between IQ Interactive Inc. a Federally registered corporation, having its principal office at 10650 113th street, Edmonton, AB Canada, T5H 3H6. And the entity identified ("Customer") on the Purchase Agreement.
IQ INTERACTIVE INC SMS provides coverage for the equipment on your purchase agreement and/or Statement of Work.
Basic SMS Support
IQ Interactive's Basic SMS Support is included in the cost of our Annual Software Subscriptions and includes the following at no additional cost:
Digital Signage & Kiosk Customers:
- Remote Phone and Online Support & diagnostics, Between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm (MST), Monday to Friday
Point of Sale Customers:
- Remote Phone & Online Support & Diagnostics, Between the hours of 8 am and 11 pm (MST), Monday to Sunday
The Following Services are NOT Included in Basic SMS Support and are Billable:
- On-site hardware support Billable at $130.00 per hour (Minimum 1 hour charge)
- After hours On-site Support billed at $195.00 per hour (Minimum 1 hour charge)
- Hardware Loaners Billable at $75.00 per day
- Emergency Rush Deliveries of Hardware Loaner equipment will have a rush fee of $250.00
- In-Warranty Repairs: All hardware comes with a One year warranty, for in-warranty repairs IQ will only bill for the labor at $130.00 per hour (min 1-hour charge)
- Out of Warranty Repairs: All out of Warranty hardware repairs will be billable for Parts + Labor at $130.00 per hour (min 1-hour charge)
- Enterprise solutions do not qualify for basic SMS. Please review Platinum SMS below.
Platinum SMS Support
IQ Interactive's Platinum SMS Support is a comprehensive support service that is a billable service in addition to the subscription costs of your system.
The cost for Platinum SMS support will be outlined in your purchase agreement. (if you would like to upgrade from Basic SMS to Platinum, contact your Sales Rep)
The Following Services are Included in the Monthly cost for Platinum SMS Support
- Remote Phone, Online & Onsite Support, between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm (MST) Monday to Friday
- Emergency after hours support from 5 pm to 11 pm (MST) 7 days a week
- Emergency onsite support
- Extends the warranty of labor to service hardware at no additional cost for the life of the hardware
- Hardware Loaners at no charges
- Same-day on-site service
SLA (Service Level Agreement)
- Phone Response: 2 min to 30 min of initial call or ticket submission during Business Hours 8 am to 5 pm (MST)
- After Hours Phone Response: 10 min to 30 min of the initial call or ticket submission between the hours of 5 pm to 11 pm (MST)
- On-Site Support: 1 hour to 1.5 hours depending on-site location
- After Hours On-Site Emergency Support: 1 hour to 1.5 hours depending on-site location
Renewal: This contract will be automatically renewed on its anniversary unless the customer has canceled in writing one month prior to the anniversary renewal date. Rates will be reviewed annually, and a new contract will be sent out in advance regarding any rate changes.
Existing Equipment: All existing equipment may be inspected prior to coverage under the terms and conditions of this contract. Any deficiencies noted will be repaired and all parts and labor will be charged to the client. Equipment not purchased through IQ Interactive Inc is not covered under this service agreement.
Remote Area Support: Customers in excess of 50 kilometers from IQ INTERACTIVE INC’s nearest office will still be covered by this agreement. For these customers on-site visits will occur if needed however, shipping out equipment will be our first means of service. With this IQ INTERACTIVE INC will ship out a loaner unit to the site and the customer will ship us their equipment needing repair. The customer will be responsible for all travel, hotel, and meal expenses incurred if an onsite visit is required.
Software: Updates, changes to software classified as remedial upgrades, bugs and diagnostics supplied by the manufacturer are included at no cost. Software Configuration, Customizations, menu changes, and other daily operational programming and enhancement requests are not covered in this maintenance contract. A period in which a service contract is not active will be subject to extra fees to update a system if an update is required.
Equipment: It is understood that the equipment is in good operating condition, equivalent to when it is coming off manufacturers' warranty, on the date this agreement becomes effective and that wiring and power specifications applicable conform to IQ INTERACTIVE INC. standards.
Loaners: If it is necessary to supply a loaner system, IQ INTERACTIVE INC. will supply a temporary system. IQ INTERACTIVE INC. will make every effort to supply a loaner system identical to that utilized by the user however an alternate system may be provided depending on demand. This loaner is to be returned once the customer’s equipment is received onsite. Failure to return the loaner within five business days will result in a daily loaner rental charge of $75.00/day. Loaner units replacing equipment not purchased through IQ INTERACTIVE INC. is subject to a $75.00/day rental charge.
Exceptions to this agreement:
- Parts, supplies, and consumables such as paper, ink, ribbons, logos, keys, drawer inserts, batteries, scanner glass, and other such accessories will be furnished at prevailing prices. Travel expenses will be charged as they are incurred for any site further away than 50km from our office in Edmonton.
- Same day service is not guarenteed for any site further away than 50km from our office in Edmonton.
- Regular or after hour service calls that are training, or retraining calls will be chargeable, and recommendations may be made for client scheduling additional training classes. Clients have a responsibility for maintaining the training of their staff.
- Obsolete hardware will not qualify for repair if parts become unavailable and/or if the manufacturer stops supporting the hardware.
- Damages resulting from the use of equipment in a manner other than in accordance with normal operations.
- Database optimization, general system clean up or rebuilding of lost or corrupted data or files from any cause whatsoever due to user error or running any software not installed or authorized by an IQ INTERACTIVE INC service representative.
- Machine printer damage resulting from the use of paper and ribbon supplies not authorized by IQ INTERACTIVE INC.
- Damage resulting from the use of other than genuine parts, software or accessories as supplied or recommended by IQ INTERACTIVE INC.
- Damage caused by repairs or adjustments made by other than our authorized representatives, unless otherwise directed. Note that depending on the scale of service, use of unauthorized individuals to repair or service equipment may void this contract and all manufacturers’/vendor warranty.
- Damage by fire, water, accident, (including coins and foreign objects lodged in equipment), abuse, burglary, storms or conductive material.
- Damage caused by power interruptions or surges.
- Changing of ink ribbons and paper rolls by technicians.
- Expense incurred during transfer or relocation of equipment at the customer’s request.
- Hardware or software malfunctions due to power interruptions, blackouts, improper wiring, irregular voltages caused by external sources (such as floor polishers, electric tools, coffee makers, photocopiers, etc. plugged into circuitry)
- If there is a lapse in coverage you will not be eligible for software updates during that period onward. Software updates are subject to extra fees to get your account up to date.
IQ INTERACTIVE INC. reserves the right to withhold support, maintenance and service on delinquent accounts of any nature whatsoever; waiver at any time of this provision shall not be deemed a waiver of any continuing or subsequent delinquency.